Visit us at Penhale Caravan and Camping Park in Cornwall – in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with breathtaking views over St Austell Bay.
For a traditional seaside holiday or a quiet weekend getaway, Penhale is the perfect place to stay – a small, relaxed, family-run park on a working organic farm on the outskirts of Fowey, set in the most beautiful countryside on Cornwall’s sheltered south coast.
CAMPING AND TOURING
We have two camping fields with 34 electric hook up points.
The camping fields at Penhale Park overlook gentle rolling farmland and St Austell Bay. In summer the swallows swoop and dive over the fields and the hedgerows come alive with wild flowers. At night you can see the lights of Mevagissey twinkling in the distance over the bay.
We have been busy levelling more pitches and adding further electric hook up points. There are now 34 electric pitches which are mostly level and some are now on hard standing. Many have their own water tap. Pitch sizes vary, so call us on 01726 833425 to discuss your individual needs. We also offer standard camping, with plenty of space to spread out and no overcrowding.
* Free hot showers, wash basins and toilets
* Hair dryers and electric shaving points
* Chemical disposal point
* A separate area for washing dishes, with free hot water
* A small laundry room with a washing machine, a tumble dryer and sinks for hand washing with free hot water
* An iron and ironing board are available from reception
* Free pool table and table tennis
* Gas exchange facility for Calor and Camping gas
* Basic groceries and local information from reception
* Free ice pack freezer
* For a donation to charity, we offer a battery recharging service for mobiles, cameras and laptops (supply your own charger!)
For a stress free holiday, stay in one of our holiday homes. Everything will be ready for you when you arrive – all you will need to do is put the kettle on and relax with our complimentary Cornish tea and biscuits. At Penhale we are very proud of our ten holiday homes. The view from each one is spectacular, overlooking gentle rolling farmland to the coast and out to sea. In such a peaceful, quiet setting, our holiday homes provide the perfect place to unwind, and a great base to explore the county. Each one has either two or three bedrooms and can sleep up to 6 or 8 people.
* To See the Holiday Homes on offer Please Visit our website.
HOLIDAY HOME FACILITIES
* Gas and electricity provided free of charge – no hidden costs
* A spacious living area with a gas fire, dining table, comfortable seating, and a television with freeview and dvd player. Living rooms all have a pull-out double bed for additional sleeping.
* A well-equipped kitchen with a full-size cooker and hob, a full-size fridge with freezer compartment, microwave oven, a full-size sink with hot and cold running water, and all pots, pans, glasses, crockery and cutlery.
* One double bedroom, and either one or two twin bedrooms with proper single beds rather than bunk beds. A single bed can be removed to accommodate a cot.
* Our three bedroom holiday homes have either additional heating in the bedrooms or central heating throughout.
* A shower room with a washbasin and toilet. Our three bedroom holiday homes have a shower room and separate toilet. Our best holiday home has two separate toilets.
* A picnic bench. There is also ample space for parking outside each holiday home.
* Each home has its own large external bin and recycling facilities.
The holiday homes are self catering, but we do supply you with some of the basics to make life easier for you when you arrive:
* We provide each holiday home with washing-up liquid, a dish cloth and sponge and one tea towel. All small internal bins have a complimentary bin bag, but you will need to provide any more that you require.
* You will need to bring your own bath towels, but we supply a bath mat and one complimentary toilet roll.
* Duvets with duvet covers, and pillows are provided. You can either bring sheets and pillow cases or they can be hired. See booking form for hire prices.
BEACHES IN THE AREA
Our nearest beach is a sheltered, west-facing, sandy cove in the tiny hamlet of Polkerris. It is within walking distance of Penhale Park, avoiding busy roads.
* Par Sands
Popular with families, Par Sands is, as the name suggests, a sandy beach. The sea is quite safe as it is shallow for a long distance.
Whitehouse beach is in the centre of Fowey, along the Esplanade. It is a very pretty but small, sandy beach, which is uncovered at low tide only.
* Polridmouth Cove
Polridmouth is another real gem of a beach. It is a delightful, secluded cove with two sandy beaches, which join together at low tide.
* Readymoney Cove
Readymoney Cove is a small, sheltered, sandy beach on the outskirts of Fowey, close to the mouth of the estuary.
* Polruan Quay
Polruan is the small village on the opposite side of the river from Fowey. You can access Polruan by the foot or car ferries over from Fowey. The sand/pebble beach at the quay has gentle shelving and is fairly safe for swimming, as long as you are aware of boats coming in and out of the quay.The beach is only accessible at low tide.
An ancient port with little pebble beaches either side of the harbour. A large rock pool, good for paddling, can be found on the beach on the right hand side of the harbour.
* Carlyon Bay
Two miles of sandy beach. The area is currently undergoing redevelopment but is still open to the public. Free parking is available at the top of the cliff with access to the beach via 82 steps.
* Lantic Bay
This is a small bay of pebbles and shingle, east of Polruan. It is often unsafe for swimming as there is a steep shelf and the currents can be very strong.
This sheltered, sandy beach near St Austell is popular with families. There are many rock pools to the west of the beach and it is safe for swimming and water sports.
* Pentewan Sands
Pentewan is a very pretty village between Fowey and Mevagissey. The beach there is sandy and has lots of rock pools to explore. It is near the Pentewan cycle trail.
This is a wide, sand and pebble beach which is accessed from the South West Coast Path. The steep climb down to the beach is unsuitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
Im sure you will enjoy your stay with us.
FOR TARIFFS PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE