Are you taking your pet away for your Easter Holiday?
If so here are some useful tips given by Pets at Home for a trouble free journey.
Not all dogs are sick some just act anxious.
1. Always discus your option before travelling with your vet
2. Familiaritise your pet with the vehicle and the pet carrier by taking short trips preferably which end in a walk.
3.Pheromone collars and sprays can alleviate stress. Spray the carrier and the blankets. see Adaptil for dogs and Feliway for cats
4. Dont feed your animal before traveling.
5. Create a relaxing atmosphere in the vehicle and keep a windo open at all times.
6. Plenty of water and plenty of stops to re-leave themselves if they are a dog.
7. Keep pet secure with seat belts etc, being buffeted around the car will not help the stress level of your pet
8. Possible medication may be its only option. Some pets for long journeys may need to sedated.
MOST OF ALL DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PET IN THE CAR ON HOT DAYS NOT EVEN WITH A WINDOW OPEN HEAT AND CARS KILL PETS WITHIN MINUTES NOT HOURS.